Sql Agent Problem

• Hi,

As my sql agent services where working fine but from today it started giving error if i create a new job.

the error is 14258:cannot perform operation while sql agent is starting.

but my agent services are running fine.

from

killer

• You check the SQL Agent log?

• Hi Steve,

In error log the below information is given of which i have no idea.

[131] sql agent service is stopping due to a stop request from a user,process ,or the os.

I tried to start the services from the os component services window it shows that the agent had started successfully but when i try to create a job the same error occurs.

from

killer

• You may want to check this article from Microsoft and see if the suggestions help in your situation:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303287&sd=tech

My hovercraft is full of eels.

• Hi,

I had check the link given by ssword and checked the sp_configure on  my machine and find the same entries as given by microsoft on the website. My sql server is not configured for fibre mode processing.

and the message in the error log was already given by me in the above post.

lightweight pooling 0 1 0 0

then why my sql agent was not working before

and it worked fine after executing the code given below

SP_CONFIGURE 'ALLOW UPDATES', 1

GO

RECONFIGURE WITH OVERRIDE

GO

sp_configure 'lightweight pooling', 0

GO

RECONFIGURE WITH OVERRIDE

GO

but does this code did when my sp_cofigure was already configured same as it is after.

Neol i will be thankfull is u answer me

from

killer

• I'd be interested in what Noel says as well if he's here today.  But you say the agent did work after explicitly setting lightweight pooling to off in your query.  Therefore that indicates something was wrong someplace in the system.

Had you tried rebooting the server prior to making the above changes?  Or, does anyone else have access to Enterprise manager?  If so, it's possible that they could have clicked on the NT Fibers box (accidentally or not) and saved this setting without your knowledge.  That's the only thing that I can think of that would cause this. 

My hovercraft is full of eels.

• Hi Sswords,

I rebooted the server manytimes.Nodody have right to access the EM except me.

Only problem in my sql server was that only which i described before.

I checked the NT Fibre box before when i read the link given by u and it was fine.

thanx

from

killer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply