SQL Agent Jobs - Daylight Savings

• I have jobs scheduled on SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008.

It's my understanding that if there are jobs scheduled to run between 2:00 - 3:00 AM this Sunday when Daylight Savings time moves the time from 2:00 AM to 3:00 AM, these jobs will run at 3:00 AM along with any scheduled jobs to run at 3:00 AM.

Is this correct?

TIA.

• Spork (3/2/2015)

I have jobs scheduled on SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008.

It's my understanding that if there are jobs scheduled to run between 2:00 - 3:00 AM this Sunday when Daylight Savings time moves the time from 2:00 AM to 3:00 AM, these jobs will run at 3:00 AM along with any scheduled jobs to run at 3:00 AM.

Is this correct?

TIA.

Yes.

SQL server and their jobs pick the time from the Os clock. So if the time changed for the Os, the job will also be affected.

What type of jobs are they? Are hey Tlog backup jobs?

• Actually I think I'm good insofar as I don't have any jobs scheduled from 2:00 - 3:00 AM.

I was just asking in case I run into the scenario in the future.

I would assume the jobs would just run at 3:00 AM, but I can see where that could cause some issues if a 3:00 job was scheduled that depended on completion of a previous job that would normally run at 2:00 AM.

• Spork (3/2/2015)

Actually I think I'm good insofar as I don't have any jobs scheduled from 2:00 - 3:00 AM.

I was just asking in case I run into the scenario in the future.

I would assume the jobs would just run at 3:00 AM, but I can see where that could cause some issues if a 3:00 job was scheduled that depended on completion of a previous job that would normally run at 2:00 AM.

Right.

This can be a pain with Tlog backups as it can break the Tlog backup chain. One way to fix it is run a DIFF after the change (if it already broke the chain already) or adjust the server hour manually (if possible) before the day light saving time change. Then also adjust the SQL job schedule and time before it triggers next time.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply