SQL Agent job steps

• I have a sql agent job with multiple steps. The first step checks a condition. Based on the outcome of that condition, I call different steps within the same job. However, when i run the job, it errors out saying the job is already running. Did I configure something wrong or is this not allowed? I know i can have a different job to check the condition and call the steps accordingly but i wanted to do it all in the same job. Any suggestions? THanks.

• A job cannot be run multiple times at once.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• It sounds like you might have missed or incorrectly set a setting on the Advanced screen of the New Job Step. There are two fields, what to do on success and what to do on failure. Without knowing more about what you are trying to do I can't tell you more, but poke around on that tab and see if there is a setting that will accomodate what you are trying to do.

• Looks like you are kicking start a job from another job which is already running on schedule. you may need to remove the schedule of the job that is being kicked from another job.

[font="Tahoma"]
    --SQLFRNDZ[/url]
    [/font]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply