SQL Agent Job History Limits on Linux

• Hello everyone,

Have anyone found a way to set limits on the job history size when using SQL Server on Linux? When trying to change the job history maximum rows limit  and max row limits per job I get an error:

Msg 0, Level 11, State 0, Line 6
    A severe error occurred on the current command. The results, if any, should be discarded.

Searching the documentation for SQL Server on Linux I was not able to find any records for such SQL Agent options configuration via the mssql-conf file or using some other method.

Executing the msdb.dbo.sp_set_sqlagent_properties with the @jobhistory_max_rows and @jobhistory_max_rows_per_job tries to update a Windows-hosted registry keys, and that is the reason for the error I receive.

Microsoft must have had to provide a method for configuring these options, I doubt that this was just left to be fixed later.

Please share some experience, if any.

Thanks

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Bumping this up again as I have the same problem with SQL Server 2019 on Linux. This is literally the only post on the internet about this issue I found.

• Anyone having a solution to this problem?

Thanks

• I am also having the same issue. Did you guys find any solution? Please share.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply