SQL agent help

• Hi Guys,

I have an SQL Agent job. It is called an SSIS Package and is stored in SSIS DB. I can see the SSIS Package completed without any problem. Job has only one step. However, the SQL Agent job never ends. Just for my testing, I created an SQL Agent job and used SQL code to execute it, and it runs and finishes.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• What does the package do? Is there any file system interaction?

If you open the All Executions report for the package, does that provide any clues as to the issue?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Have you checked the logs for the Agent job?

• The package was completed successfully. I checked through the SSIDB category, and it shows run and finished fine. However, the SQL Agent Job keeps running and never stops.

First, I used basic (log), and when I stopped manually, it just showed that the user had stopped. Second, I used the option "No" logging through the SQL Agent job—still the same behavior.

• rocky_498 wrote:

I checked through the SSIDB category, and it shows run and finished fine.

What do you mean by the 'SSISDB category'?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• SSIS DB* sorry typo.

• Check the schedule on the SQL agent job to make sure it isn't running repeatedly.

Check the advanced settings for the job step and make sure that the job is set to "Complete with success" when the step finishes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply