SQL Agent

• I have 15 jobs which starts simultaneously...Now...after few of them execute.I receive the below error...and the rest of them are in the executing status..

Error: 17801, Severity: 17, State: 4

2002-12-02 13:08:46.69 ods Unknown internal error value..

I have even reinstalled SQL but the same problem still exist...could be a system problem which is causing this..if yes...how to go about...

levi.

Jesus My Saviour

• What version of SQL and what Service Pack level?

Also, what are the jobs doing that so many start at one time?

And check here and see if possibly related to your problem http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;SL;q219756

• Its SQL 7 and service pack 3...

Sorry we could not solve this ...we have gone for a OS reinstallation since we were running out of time...

These jobs call a VB dll...using the sp_oacreate...please let me know if there is a clue. This might crop up again ...

Jesus My Saviour

• Hard to know but when you get rebuilt let us know if it happens again. If they all use the same VB dll then could be the dll is returning an unhandled exception and SQL doesn't know what to do with it (just my thoughts). If so then you will for sure see come back after rebuilding the server, I would then manually test the process in VB or something you can control and maybe open a write file and pass all the parameters to it that SQL is using so you have a log of what to test.

• Do the jobs all need to run at once? Could you have them single thread and correct the problem? I have a series of jobs where the last step of each starts the next job in the series. They work like one big job but are easier to maintain.

• Hi don

In my case too there are a series of jobs where the last step of each starts the next job in the series. But I have nearly 15 such jobs starting together and enabling and executing its sub tasks...

Now We had a clean install and things are going on well...

Thanks to Antare and You

levi

Jesus My Saviour

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply