SQL Admin Application

• Hi Everyone,  when performing SQL health checks to check on the status of each SQL instance over a specific period I normally utilise an application called Solarwinds's DPA product.  the issue is this product is very expensive even more so to monitor multiple instances.

Has anyone had the pleasure of any other product that will allow me to monitor and analyse multiple SQL instances at the same time that is also cost-effective?

• SentryOne and Redgate's SQL Monitor are two alternatives to SolarWinds - you may wish to see whether they offer better value.  But if you want to do this stuff, I'm afraid it will cost you.  You could try rolling your own - but would the time and effort be worth the saving on licence costs?

John

• Many thanks for your reply.  I will take a look.

• I use Redgate - it's not not very invasive on your server and it has a few really cool features , my favourite is that it looks at patterns of usage and can "predict" problems way in advance... it's kind of spooky seeing a graph that shows when you will run out of disk space.

MVDBA

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply