SQL 7.0 deadlocks - unable to get trace 1204 output

• I've been getting deadlocks on a SQL 7.0 site, and the techniques I use successfully on SQL 2000 do not seem to be working.  When I set the DBCC TRACEON, I see the message in the SQL Error log like I'd expect, but no messages appear in the log when I cause a deadlock to occur.  The same exact steps work fine on my SQL 2000 sites.  What's up?  Anyone have any clues?  I tried both DBCC TRACEON (1204) and DBCC TRACEON (1204, -1), at first from an earlier connection and then from both of the connections that I was inducing a deadlock between. 

Have Fun!
    Ronzo

• Do you have trace flag 3604 or 3605 set as well ?

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

• I have tried 1204, 1205, 1206, 3604, and 3605.  I can see them all listed in the log as being turned on, yet nothing is reported in the log when I cause a deadlock.

Have Fun!
    Ronzo

• Well, I would try using 1204, 1222 and 3605 as startup parameters.

Also here's an MSDN link for reference. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178104.aspx

Out of curiosity what are the results of SELECT @@VERSION on your v7.0 SQL Server ?

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

• Excellent!

Thank you for your help.  Apparently it was just a matter of using the trace flags as startup options as opposed to DBCC TRACEON ().  I have the info I need now, thanks again.

Have Fun!
    Ronzo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply