SQL 7.0 Cert??

• I was preparing to take the two SQL 7 test. I have not worked much with SQL 2000, but question myself if it is worth getting a MCP on SQL 7 Admin, and how long will the SQL 7 cert be good for? -JG

-JG

• The SQL 7 cert won't hurt you. They should be around until Yukon's (SQL 9) tests become available. Of course, Microsoft is changing how it retires tests.

Patrick Birch

Quand on parle du loup, on en voit la queue

• I took the 7 test last year because there are tons of 7 sites. More than 2000 sites. It was the first very widely adopted SQL version. It will be valuable. Also, I found the 7 test harder than the 2000 test.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

• MS has changed their retention policy on expiring certifications. Now instead of expiring, they have added a qualifier to what you are certified in. My MCDBA show I am an expert (!) in SQL Server 2000 while my MCSE declares me a dinosaur with only NT4.0 experience.

However, I still get to keep the letters behind my name. Too bad they didn't do the same for MCSDs. Maybe that shafting is why more of us don't bother to keep it up to date. (Anyone from MS Certification listening?)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply