SQL 6.5 to SQL 2000

• Gurus,

Can any one tell me what would be the easiest way to migrate SQL 6.5 databases to SQL server2000? Which way would be less troublesome and suggested? I have few SQL Server 6.5 Servers, which I would need to migrate to (possibly) SQL 2000. On a different account I would need to migrate Three 6.5 Server databases to SQL2000 as soon as possible.

Thanks & Regards,

Murali Damera.

• Read the upgrade docs, then just run the upgrade wizard. Pretty painless.

Andy

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/awarren/

• Thank You Andy.

• hi..

Yip read the upgrade docs and white papers .I wouldn't say it is pretty painless , cause I have experienced majour hasles with sql 6.5 to sql 2000 . What is cool if the upgrade process fails , sql rollsback all that was done and everything is cool . There are alot of pre-implementation checs you must do - multiply every database size with 1.5 and make sure there is enough space for the upgrade process . Also if you wnat to keep sql 6.5 and 2000 on the same box use the version switch ...if you have both instances of sql on one pc ..you can upgrade databases individually . ...on your own time . If you have replication , upgrade your distributor first then your publisher then your subscribers ..all these facts in the white papers ...hope your adventure is problem free .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply