SQL 2012: SERVERPROPERTY

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item SQL 2012: SERVERPROPERTY

• Quite an interesting question for practical use, thanks to GP Van Eron. 🙂

I understand that if on SQL Server 2012 was the last installation

Cumulative Update #14 for SQL Server 2012 SP2, the results of this code would be:

SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('PRODUCTUPDATELEVEL') .... result CU14

SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('ProductUpdateReference') .... result KB3180914

• Thank you for the feedback. If I wrote the question again I would focus a bit more on learning SERVERPROPERTY options rather than nuisances of patching levels. But also want to encourage users to keep up with CU releases. On top of break/fixes sometimes nifty new features are included.

• GP Van Eron (10/10/2016)

Thank you for the feedback. If I wrote the question again I would focus a bit more on learning SERVERPROPERTY options rather than nuisances of patching levels. But also want to encourage users to keep up with CU releases. On top of break/fixes sometimes nifty new features are included.

Thank You for Your post. You're right about the SERVERPROPERTY can be a lot to learn,

I counted 44 of arguments, so it's actually as a little book about SQL Server...

Best Regards.

• Is it ironic that by running the SQL in SMSS I proved that I had a patched version that provided the "latest Cummulative Update (CU) installed" so chose that as my answer?

Glad the server is patched but lost a point on QotD :crying:

Thanks for the question.

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!

• Bah! If I had any control I'd give you an extra point for being a pro-active DBA

• Very nice question, I had to examine all the instances i work on to check your answer is correct.

Thanks

Igor Micev,My blog: www.igormicev.com

• Gary Varga (10/11/2016)

Is it ironic that by running the SQL in SMSS I proved that I had a patched version that provided the "latest Cummulative Update (CU) installed" so chose that as my answer?

Glad the server is patched but lost a point on QotD :crying:

Thanks for the question.

Same here... :doze:

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply