SQL 2012 or 2014?

• I currently work on both SQL 2008R2 and 2012, but I am wondering which exam I should target in order to shore up my potential employ-ability. Would taking the Certification exams for SQL Server 2012 MCDBA (that does still exist I assume?) be viable for the foreseeable future, or should I try to get certified on a platform I don't actually even have access to? My sense of things leans me towards sticking with the SQL 2012 but I am also wondering if there is an "upgrade" path to 2014 later on if I do that? I reiterate, I don't need to be certified where I am working now but I'd like to make a move to both a new state and with it job and I think being certified along with 15 years of experience ought to give me the best chance. What say the experts?

• Should have checked first...there doesn't seem to be a 2014 path so answered my own (stupid) question.

• The MCSE-level exams got updated to include 2014 material, the MCSA-level ones didn't.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Is ist possible ( I am MCSA 2012 ) to make the MCSE in 2014?

• As I said above, the MCSE exams have been updated to include the 2014 material. There's only one set of MCSE exams.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply