SQL 2012 Developer Edition Installation - DTA(Database Tuning Advisor) not installed properly

• I experienced this issue when I tested the installation of SQL 2012 Developer Edition on Windows 7 Enterprise x64.

After the installation completed, I checked on MSDB database. I found that all tables, stored procedures, and functions related with DTA were missing, or not installed. When I started on Database Engine Tuning Advisor, I got connection error message.

Does anyone get similar situation?

• Nope. I've done multiple installs with no issues like this. It sounds like you had a problem during the installation or you found a bug.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• After research on details of the problem, I found that SQL Express 2008 Service Pack 1 conflicts with the SQL 2012 Developer Edition. It causes the Database Engine Tuning Advisor failed to connect to Database.

It suggests that when Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate is installed with SQL 2012 or 2008 R2, SQL 2008 Express Service Pack 1, of which is default to integrate with Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate should be unchecked during the installation setting.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply