SQL 2008 SSMS Server Management Studio crashes all the time since last week.

• NorthernSoul - Wednesday, August 30, 2017 4:50 AM

balanagaraju36 - Wednesday, August 30, 2017 3:44 AM

NorthernSoul - Wednesday, August 30, 2017 3:27 AM

balanagaraju36 - Wednesday, August 30, 2017 3:01 AM

Alan Levin - Tuesday, June 30, 2009 4:00 PM

Hi Chandra and all who have this problem:I found a sort of solution that works!The error is really in the msenv.dll. I had an older version that I replaced with a newer one in my Program Files\Microsoft SQL SERVER\100\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE directory. My problem msenv.dll was dated 4/28/2008. I replaced it with one dated 7/30/2008.The only issue is when SSMS comes up, it shows none of my databases. I had to reattach them and give them new names.This is definitely a SQL SSMS bug.If any of you have this problem, I would be happy to elaborate further. I'll check this forum quite often.All the Best,Alan

Hi Dear Alan,i have also strucked in the same issue.Can you please tell me the process how to replace msenv.dll  dated 4/28/2008 file with dated 7/30/2008 ?.Waiting for your reply.....thanks in advance.

This is an 8 year old thread but why not use a more up to date version of SSMS?

Thanks

Dear Alen,we are using this old version only in my project.Can you pls tell me the  process?

There's no reason to use such an old version. Install a newer version and see if that works.

Thanks

No Mr.Alen,i want to work and install in old version only.Tell me how to do in old version i.e; SQL Server 2008.

Viewing post 16 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply