SQL 2008 R2 security hotfix 2494088

• The SQL 2008 R2 security hotfix 2494088 was applied with windows updates on a clustered server. We don't have a UCW database configured. However, when we try to failover to the other node in the cluster users cannot login with error: Login failed for user. Reason: Server is in script upgrade mode. Only administrator can connect at this time.

I looked at the event log and the cluster fails back to the other node: [sqsrvres] OnlineThread: Could not connect to server but server is considered up.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Patti

• Are both nodes at the same Windows patch level, or is that what you're trying to resolve?

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• They are at the same windows patch level. My problem is that we can't failover to the other node because of the hotfix 2494088. It is preventing the SQL Server from coming up. Login failed for user 'ats'. Reason: Server is in script upgrade mode. Only administrator can connect at this time. [CLIENT: 10.113.116.72] and [sqsrvres] OnlineThread: Could not connect to server but server is considered up.

• I looked at the SQL logs and it's as if the installation of the hotfix keeps running over and over again.

I have attached a portion of the log.

• I'd suggest trying to start the SQL Server & SQL Server Agent services from services.msc instead of using the failover cluster manager and see if that allows the hotfix to complete and allow other logins access. If it works, then stop the services and try use failover cluster manager to start the instance as usual.

• Thank you. I will definitely do that and let you know.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply