SQL 2008 Exams

• Hi,

I'm looking to do the SQL 2008 exams and would like to know which books/materials are recommended. I've seen a few on Microsoft sites but they didn't get good reviews.

Thanks

J

• I recently passed the MCTS Implementation and Maintenance exam, and although the official Microsoft book is good for the evaluation software, the discount voucher and the practise tests, I found a book on Amazon called "The Real MCTS" or something like that (I don't have it with me, and can't remember the full title) and that was far better from a learning point of view.

I'd use both really, the official one for last minute revision, and the other for basic learning.

Unfortunately there are no books for the followup MCITP exams, but I believe that the 2008 Administrators Pocket Handbook is well worth buying too.

Hope this helps a little...

Andy

• Hi Andy,

Was it this title REal MCTS by Horninger?

Thanks

• Micorsoft Press books for 2005 are great but the ones for 2008 have mixed reviews. For 2008 you can try books published by WROX

• BOL is going to be your best resource. It has all material you will need to pass the exam. You can purchase one of the MS books specific to your exam however BOL is your best bet.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply