SQL 2005 Management Studio / Visual Studio will not load

• I have had SQL 2005 Client tools installed and operating on a Windows 7 64bit system and working for about a year. I recently installed the 2000 DTS Designer Components to work on a legacy conversion application and ever since the 2005 Management Studio or the 2005 Visual Studio will not start. The application begins to load and then the following is displayed.

"The proper type library could not be found in the system registry. An attempt to repair this condition failed because you do not have the permissions to write to the system registry or because the type library could not be loaded. This can be fixed by a system administrator running this program once which will cause the proper file to be registered. If the problem still persist, then try repairing this application from the setup program."

The account used is an administrators account. I have tried "Running as Administrator". I have reinstalled /patched etc without any effect. Any help would be appreciated.

• I have reinstalled /patched etc without any effect. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you try this, first install the sql 2000 related stuff and then on top 2005, generally it works that way!!! Not the other way round...

Sriram

• Thanks for your reply and yes I have installed the DTS components package first and then installed the 2005 client tools after with the same result.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply