SQL 2005 (Legacy) DTS Packages Not Showing Up

• Hey everyone,

I have a stumper for you guys. I have (almost) completed a SQL Server migration for our test server from a SQL Server 2005 box (32-bit, 9.0.3228) to another SQL Server 2005 box (64-bit, AMD64, 9.0.4035). I have some DTS packages that I migrated using the 2005 migration wizard, however, the DTS packages will not show up in the destination server. I verified that the packages are in the msdb table(s) and they show up if I connect to the SSIS server. In fact, they execute from the job system. The problem is that they do not show up under the legacy\DTS\ object explorer. Any thoughts on this one?

Things I've tried\found:

1) Verified that this is possible in 64-bit (It is).

2) Scoured google.

a) Verified that the legacy client is on the server.

b) Verified DTS still runs on new server.

c) Checked for version bugs with this issue (no luck).

Has anyone ran into this before? Assume permission (Windows and SQL) are not an issue.

Thanks,

Eric

P.S. I know these can be rewritten in SSIS, but I consider that last resort. 😉

• If you are using migration wizard it must have converted it into ssis. If you connected to Integration Services then under Stored Pacakges you will find your migrated packages under MSDB folder.

To connect to integration services in the Connect to server dialog change the Server type to Integration Services

From BOL:

After migrating packages from within Management Studio, connect to the local instance of Integration Services in Object Explorer to see the migrated packages. If you selected SQL Server as the destination, the migrated packages will be visible under the MSDB node. If you selected a file system folder as the destination, you can right-click the File System node and select Import Package to display the migrated packages. Packages migrated from within BI Development Studio are saved to the file system folder that you specified and added to the open project under the SSIS Packages node.

HTH

Mukti

• That did it. I was assuming migration meant simply moving. As it turns out, I converted to a SSIS package. I did export/import and that took care of the issue. Thanks for the help.

Eric

• Mukti (6/18/2009)

If you are using migration wizard it must have converted it into ssis. If you connected to Integration Services then under Stored Pacakges you will find your migrated packages under MSDB folder.

To connect to integration services in the Connect to server dialog change the Server type to Integration Services

From BOL:

After migrating packages from within Management Studio, connect to the local instance of Integration Services in Object Explorer to see the migrated packages. If you selected SQL Server as the destination, the migrated packages will be visible under the MSDB node. If you selected a file system folder as the destination, you can right-click the File System node and select Import Package to display the migrated packages. Packages migrated from within BI Development Studio are saved to the file system folder that you specified and added to the open project under the SSIS Packages node.

HTH

Mukti

After doing this, how can you edit a package migrated to SSIS?

• melissa.jones (12/3/2010)

Mukti (6/18/2009)

If you are using migration wizard it must have converted it into ssis. If you connected to Integration Services then under Stored Pacakges you will find your migrated packages under MSDB folder.

From BOL:

HTH

Mukti

After doing this, how can you edit a package migrated to SSIS?

Use BIDS (Business Intelligence Development Studio, aka Visual Studio) to edit your SSIS packages.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply