sql 2000 sp1 install on cluster

• Well.... I patched our dev cluster with sp1 and one node comes up and one doesn't. Has anyone seen this before?

Wes

• ok... I rolled back sqlserve.exe to the previous version on the node and copied the sqlserve.exe from the node that was up reaplied the SP and everything came back up. I'm going to push databases on it tomorrow and see if it does work.

Wes

• Well everything went fine in test. I rolled out the production cluster installed SQL applied sp1 and blew the box up. I tried the same trick I did last time no go. I've tried several diffrent times to install sp1 on the cluster to no avail. Anyone else seeing this?

Wes

• Sorry - so far have not built a cluster (though participated in a couple and watched a lot more!) so couldnt contribute much!

Andy

• for those who want to know...

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q306/0/34.ASP

this was the error we were having. All is well now. We did this in test and it worked. We will roll it into production next week. It is similar to what we did last time. The node we copied from installed the sp fine thats why we could copy the sqlserve.exe over to the non working node.

Wes

• we rolled it into production today all went exactly as expected the Q article is correct.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply