SQL 2000 - Error Attaching Database

• Hi

I'm using SQL Server 2000 and I'm trying to attach an SQL 2000 database. I get the following error:

Error 602: Could not find row in sysindexes for database ID 27, object ID 1, index ID 1. Run DBCC CHECKTABLE on sysindexes.

After a bit of digging I discovered that I can't put the master database in singleuser mode to run DBCC CHECKTABLE (no, as you can tell I am not a professional DBA 😉

The database is a .mdf file from a client. I removed the .ldf file thinking it was the cause of the problem, but it refused to attach saying the the log file was missing. When I included the .ldf file, I got the above error message again.

I need to get this database attached to our SQL2000 server asap for development testing. It can attach perfectly to my SQL2005 instance on my box without the .ldf file.

Any ideas?

In case you need it:

select @@version:

Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - 8.00.534 (Intel X86)

Nov 19 2001 13:23:50

Copyright (c) 1988-2000 Microsoft Corporation

Enterprise Edition on Windows NT 5.0 (Build 2195: Service Pack 4)

• Several hours later, it turns out that the file I was trying to attach is indeed a SQL 2005 database file. One of my ex-colleagues in support had converted it to 2005 and didn't tell anyone in development. We're now using a 2000 database that came off one of our support personnel's laptop.

Don't you just love efficient communication?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply