SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager uprade

• I believe there's no need to run any hotfixes or SPs against SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager because it's mmc, but want to verify. In SQL 2005 I need to upgrade Management Studio even for client tools, do I need to do that for SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager ?

• Typically patches will say if they are patching SSMS or EM and if they should be applied there.

• What hotfix, patch or SP are you considering for the upgrade? I would say that any SP should be applied, as the workstation tools usually have upgrades in them as well to leverage server-side features that came out with the service pack. Some more information would be beneficial.

Joie Andrew
    "Since 1982"

• Well, what I have right now is version 2.81.1132 just the MDAC connectivity, not the Enterprise Manager or SQL service. I want to know if I need to patch this MDAC version to the latest one. Looks like this is the latest version Component Checker can verify, but I don't know if there's a newer one available.

• What OS is the system running?

Joie Andrew
    "Since 1982"

• Windows XP Professional sp3

The Config CHecker identifies the MDAC version as 2.8 sp1

• I think you have the latest version, although there have been some hotfixes that have come out since 2.8 sp1 you might want to check to make sure you have.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/results.aspx?freetext=mdac+2.8&displaylang=en&stype=s_basic

Joie Andrew
    "Since 1982"

• Thank you

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply