SQL 2000 - End of Support List

• Anybody has info or a list about when the Support for SQL 2000 (all versions) ends/ended?

Need this info so that I can try to push for upgrades.

Thanks,

balasach

• http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?p1=2852

(hint: google search keywords: SQL+2000+lifecycle ;-))

Lutz
    A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

How to get fast answers to your question[/url]
    How to post performance related questions[/url]
    Links for Tally Table [/url] , Cross Tabs [/url] and Dynamic Cross Tabs [/url], Delimited Split Function[/url]

• It ended a long time ago. Only way you can get SQL 2000 support is if you're a premier customer and have purchased extended support.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Thanks Lutz, Gail

Gail,

Yes, I am aware of the end of support for SQL 2000. But from the MS site, and from the link Lutz gave, I gather that there would be no further SP's or Hotfixes release for 2000. And the extended support till 2013 applies only when we have an specific agreement with MS.

Assuming I dont have an extended support and have SP3, does it mean, that if I have any precarious situation, then I cant approach MS. right?

• balasach82 (1/16/2011)

Thanks Lutz, Gail

Gail,

Yes, I am aware of the end of support for SQL 2000. But from the MS site, and from the link Lutz gave, I gather that there would be no further SP's or Hotfixes release for 2000. And the extended support till 2013 applies only when we have an specific agreement with MS.

Assuming I dont have an extended support and have SP3, does it mean, that if I have any precarious situation, then I cant approach MS. right?

I'm sure you can always approach MS. But I'm not sure if you have a budget allowing to do so... 😉

Lutz
    A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

How to get fast answers to your question[/url]
    How to post performance related questions[/url]
    Links for Tally Table [/url] , Cross Tabs [/url] and Dynamic Cross Tabs [/url], Delimited Split Function[/url]

• balasach82 (1/16/2011)

Pretty much, yes. Without both a premier contract and extended support (neither of which is cheap) you will get little-to-no help from MS for any SQL 2000 problem.

p.s. the latest service pack for SQL 2000 is SP4 and there's a rollup of hotfixes available. You should not be on SQL 2000 SP3.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply