SQL 2000 Connection problem

• Hello people,

I have a very big problem which I don't understand:

Warning: mssql_connect() [function.mssql-connect]: Unable to connect to server: 82.77.172.227 in C:\xampp\htdocs\include\class.mssql.php on line 42

Database error: connect (82.77.172.227, sa, $Password) failed

MSSQL Error: 0 ()

Session halted.

The password in the config file is OK, the password in SQL is OK.

I did install the website on a different host connected to the same database, and it's worked, but.. when I install the website in the server , where the database is ... it's not connecting to it and I can't solve this problem !

Allready 24 hours passed since i'm trying to fix it and i can't...

As for web hosting i'm using XAMPP.

Hope some one will answer to me and help me solve this problem.

Regards,

DarkStone.

• are you using a hosting company who may have settings you aren't aware of?

• I'm using my own dedicated server and i'm using SQL 2000 , not 2005.

• I see you are using php. I've used it just enough to be dangerous but is there a possibility about the connection to the database and a problem with localhost?

• Jason Crider (9/23/2008)

I see you are using php. I've used it just enough to be dangerous but is there a possibility about the connection to the database and a problem with localhost?

I don't know if there is a problem, that is why i'm asking you ...

I saw that the script allows me to connect tho the ODBC .. but i don't know how to change all the script to use only ODBC connection.

• As a side note, once you get the problem solved I suggest that you do not use the 'sa' account and hardcoding the password in a config file. This could end up being a security issue down the line. Just a word of caution 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply