Special Character appending on Flat file

• I need to create an (ARROW) in Flat file ... can any one help me with this ???

• Do you know the ascii code for it?

• Martin Schoombee (11/17/2011)

Do you know the ascii code for it?

Not sure about the ascil code, Looking forward to get Rightward arrow (?)

• quillis131 (11/17/2011)

Martin Schoombee (11/17/2011)

If you find out what the ascii code is (google is your friend), you could use the Chr() or ChrW() function in a script task to do the necessary.

Martin.

• Martin Schoombee (11/17/2011)

quillis131 (11/17/2011)

Martin Schoombee (11/17/2011)

If you find out what the ascii code is (google is your friend), you could use the Chr() or ChrW() function in a script task to do the necessary.

Martin.

Thank you it worked

• Please refer to Attachments:

I have no idea ... how this JAVA code works ... But finall Thats the file it generates... Coming to issue, If you look at the symbol after RIGHT ARROW. It not a special character, I guess thats reprensents end of file....

Figure SSIS.. This is the one I generate

Now as you can see Symbol after Right arrow is New line feed and below this comes another symbol.... I am trying to make this look like same as DTS...

By the way I use Fixed Width with Row delimiter... Any solution welcome... Please excuse my language... I could try to explain, if any thing is not making any sense

• That symbol looks like a carriage return to me...and it would make sense that SSIS inserts that at the end of the line.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply