Spanish Language problem

• Hi,

I am trying to install an application in Spanish built using Installshield 10.5. During the installation the installer connects to MSSQL2000

I have changed the language of the MSSQL2000 to Spanish.

However, I am getting a language incompatibility error. There is only one option for Spanish available in both the installshield and MSSQL2000. However, I have noticed that the Language available in InstallShield is Spanish(Spain) while the Spanish versin availabe in MSSQL2000 is Spanish(Traditional). I have tried with various other languages like German, Japanese etc and it works fine.

I am confused asto how to fix this issue as there are no options to choose with regard to Spanish language and my installation is failing.

Any thoughts ??

Thanks in Advance.

• Can you trace how far the program goes along with sql server using the sql profiler? What was it last statement ?

Have you changed the language of sql server or the default language for the application login?

• I Have changed the language of the application as well as the sql server to spanish. The application tries to connect to the database and then populate it with various tables etc. It is at that point that I get the language incompatibily error.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks

Vidya

• A wild guess, perhaps a default connection setting is conflicting like ANSI NULLS DEFAULT ON/OFF. Default collation (see the database model)

What is the patch level of sql server 2000? Sp3a or SP4?

Using the sql server analyser you can trace at what point exactly the installer starts to fail. (Begin statement, end statement, statement completed)

Is it at connect?

Is it at creating tables?

Is it when it fills a particular table?

*from the books online

You can change the collation to Use Modern_Spanish for all variations of Spanish, which also use the same character set as U.S. English (code page 1252).

When you create a database, you can use the COLLATE clause of the CREATE DATABASE statement to specify the default collation of the database. You can also specify a collation when you create a database using SQL Server Enterprise Manager. If you do not specify a collation, the database is assigned the default collation of the model database. The default collation of the model database is the same as the default collation of the instance of SQL Server.

You might also check the collation of tempdb

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply