spam posts and duplicate registrations

• Is it just me, or is anyone else noticing we are getting a lot of new registrations, with a single word in the topic body like BI and attached .RAR files.

I have seen at least 4 this morning and i know it looks funny for some of them as the same username is used, so one post is xxx then xxx 9999. so I know it looks dodgy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [highlight]Recommended Articles on How to help us help you and[/highlight]
    [highlight]solve commonly asked questions[/highlight]

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help by Jeff Moden[/url]
    Managing Transaction Logs by Gail Shaw[/url]
    How to post Performance problems by Gail Shaw[/url]
    Help, my database is corrupt. Now what? by Gail Shaw[/url]

• Silverfox (9/24/2009)

Is it just me, or is anyone else noticing we are getting a lot of new registrations, with a single word in the topic body like BI and attached .RAR files.

I have seen at least 4 this morning and i know it looks funny for some of them as the same username is used, so one post is xxx then xxx 9999. so I know it looks dodgy.

I just posted about the same thing. Dodgy is an understatement.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Yes, we're aware that we seem to be being hit with these a bit, and are looking into it at the moment!

As with anything, don't trust files from the internet, and make sure you run virus checkers over anything you download.

Mel

Mel HarbourProject ManagerRed Gate Software

• Feel free to report these with the "report" button. No comment needed, I'll delete them.

• Hi, I found my login has appended number. Tried to strip it off in profile editor, but it says that "Piotr Rodak" cannot be used because it's taken. So now I have dot between words. I'd prefer though not to have it. What can be done?

P.S. Don't mid this post, found the other topic about this issue.

...and your only reply is slàinte mhath

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply