SPAM from user favourkarume11

• I am not sure that was a setting, but a add-on/Mod we had for the SMF based forum.

It requires a little more effort, because they actually have to make a few posts, but nothing they wouldn't do either to gain "access" to do their mischief....

• Steve Jones - Editor (10/9/2009)

That's not a bad idea, Richard. I'll see if there's a setting.

Agreed. good idea. Maybe PMs after 10-20 posts, emails after 40-50 (or more). I find people emailing me more intrusive than PMs through the forums

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Funny, I still haven't gotten anything. Odd. 🙂

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• you can add favourodily25 to the list of spam accounts; i just re-enabled PM's from t= he forum, and got a couple from that log in.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Lowell (10/11/2009)

you can add favourodily25 to the list of spam accounts; i just re-enabled PM's from t= he forum, and got a couple from that log in.

I got mine today as well. I will confess to some "morbid" curiosity to see exactly what you get from someone propositioning you on a SQL Server board....:)

No, I didn't answer. But like the C & C music factory song, it's one of those things that make you go hmm....:)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• We are looking through code today to see if we can do something. A number of users and IPs have been banned to try and combat this.

• I did eventually get one also. 🙂

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• RBarryYoung (10/12/2009)

I did eventually get one also. 🙂

I did too this weekend and thanks to this thread I just deleted the PM.

🙂

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• I just got one too!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply