sp_ssis_startup

• I have a guardium db scan finding: Stored Procedures Execute Automatically at Startup. And the startup proc is sp_ssis_startup.

They recommend this to be disabled.

What's the impact to my SSIS packages if i disable sp_ssis_startup? will they still work?  anything else i need to know about?

Thanks

• Regardless of what scan tool you are using, the results and recommendations are based upon very GENERIC recommendations.   It's reporting to you that a proc is executing at start up.  That may or may not be a recommendation you should follow.

Do you know what sp_ssis_startup actually does?  If you did any research into it, you would find out that this needs to be set to run at startup for SSIS to function properly.

These scan tools are guidelines, nothing more.  There are likely nothing that this tool recommends that should be followed exactly.  In my case, I have created procs that I have set to run at startup.  One simply sends an email notification that the server was re-started.

Take the time to research what these recommendations mean, why you may need to look into each of them, and then you can decide what is correct for your environment.

Michael L John
    If you assassinate a DBA, would you pull a trigger?
    To properly post on a forum:
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/61537/

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply