sp_send_dbmail truncates when attaching query results.

• no shit

Thank you.
    Francis S. Mazeika
    MS SQL DBA
    609-707-5207
    francis.mazeika@gmail.com

• What version works?

I tried to copy the dll from sql 2008 and 2012 into 2014 but it did not work.

Thank you.
    Francis S. Mazeika
    MS SQL DBA
    609-707-5207

• Francis S. Mazeika (7/22/2014)

What version works?

I tried to copy the dll from sql 2008 and 2012 into 2014 but it did not work.

Did you restart SQL Server?

The SQL Guy @ blogspot[/url]

@SeanPearceSQL

About Me[/url]

• Yes restarted sql. then restarted the server.

What version is the good version of XPStar.dll?

Thank you.
    Francis S. Mazeika
    MS SQL DBA
    609-707-5207

• File Version 2011.110.5058.0

Product Version 11.0.5058.0

Size 438 KB

The SQL Guy @ blogspot[/url]

@SeanPearceSQL

About Me[/url]

• We am having the same issue. We are running 2014 build 12.0.2254.0 (X64). I tried to copy XPStar.dll over the old one as suggested, and restarted the service, to no avail. When I had version 2011.110.5058.0 in place, the SQL Job Agent wouldn't even start. In the event viewer there error is:

"Exception happened when running extended stored procedure 'xp_sqlagent_notify' in the library 'xpstar.dll'. SQL Server is terminating process 53" from MSSQLSERVER followed by "[sqagtres] CheckServiceAlive: Service is dead" from SQLSERVERAGENT.

When I swap back to the current version for 2014, I can restart and it goes back to the old behavior of truncating at 64KB.

The only other thing I should mention is that we are using Windows Clustering with High Availability Always on for SQL Server. I did update the DLL on both nodes and stop and restart the role in the cluster manager as well, without any success.

• Same issue here. I don't really want to borrow the DLL from an older version. I wonder if SP1 will include a fix for this?

• Since the xpstar.dll suggestion didn't work for me, I had to find another workaround. I used xp_cmdshell and bcp to save the query results to a file, then used sp_send_dbmail to attach the file. Same end result, but a two step process.

• Oh man, how can they break a working feature in 2008/2012 into 2014?

Sigh, just found this issue on my 2014 Standard/Enterprise also

Good news - it's now fixed in CU4 (build 2430)

https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/850260/sql-2014-sp-send-dbmail-64kb-query-result-limit

Bad news - I need a SQL restart/outage 🙁

SQLServerNewbieMCITP: Database Administrator SQL Server 2005
  • Unfortunately I just found this issue on a SQL Server 2014 SP1 instance. SP1 was supposed to have fixes through CU5 applied. Apparently some fell through the cracks.

Joie Andrew
    "Since 1982"

• Joie Andrew (6/1/2015)

Unfortunately I just found this issue on a SQL Server 2014 SP1 instance. SP1 was supposed to have fixes through CU5 applied. Apparently some fell through the cracks.

Really? this is from the NEWLY-again-released SP1?

http://sqlserverupdates.com/[/url] >> 12.00.4100

Good thing I haven't applied SP1 to Production, but does this mean we need to apply CU7 AFTER SP1 install?

http://sqlserverbuilds.blogspot.ca/

SQLServerNewbieMCITP: Database Administrator SQL Server 2005
  • Yes, this was from the newly released SP1. Not sure how anyone is going to apply CU7 after SP1; CU7 is for RTM. I imagine there will either be a hotfix for this or it will be included in CU1 for SQL Server 2014 SP1.

Joie Andrew
    "Since 1982"

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply