sp_reassign_dtspackageowner DOES NOT WORK !

• I have a question which puzzles me a lot.

MSSQL service on the production server is Logged On as  <domain>\<user>   user.

There is also a distinct SA user in SQL Server.

All DTS Packages are now owned by SA (I changed all of them to be that way).

The way I changed the ownership is below.

However every time I do any modification to any sa-owned package, that package ownership changes

to <OLD OWNER>(one of former consultant's login who is no  more here).

Do you by any chance happen to know if there is such an association in Windows that may be switching this ownership back?

Nobody seems to know why this happens.

I will further research if you have no clue either.

Thanks a lot.

WHILE @@FETCH_STATUS = 0

BEGIN

EXEC sp_reassign_dtspackageowner @name=@name, @id=@id, @newloginname=@new_PkgOwner

FETCH NEXT FROM cur_sysdtspackages

INTO @name, @id

END

And this re-assignment worked, I can see all packages owned by SA.

As soon as i do a smallest modification to any step and save pkg, sa-ownership is gone, and the old owner comes back.

vladisaev@hotmail.com

Likes to play Chess

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• That happened in SQL 2000 too.   It always reverted back to the original windows domain owner upon the next edit.  (I saw blank owners too, before we were on a domain a long time ago).

I was hoping that they would have dropped this package ownership nonsense in SQL 2005 for something more conducive to a shared development environment.

• "The owner is also held in the CreatorName property of the package object itself. This is a read-only property which cannot be changed programmatically.

This means that changing the value of the owner column will not be a permanent solution as next time you save the package, the new row uses the package Creator property which has not changed"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply