SP_ADDARTICLE Help needed

• I added 2 tables to the subscription using sp_addarticle and set the @force_invalidate_snapshot = 1. The tables show up as published in the publciation but they haven't been pushed to the subscriber. All the agents ran without a hitch. What else do I need to do or what did I do wrong?

MG

"There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies."
    Tony Hoare

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." Red Adair.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Do you have the exact execution command?

============================
    Richard S. Hale
    Senior Database Marketing Developer
    Business Intelligence
    The Scooter Store
    RHale@TheScooterStore.com
    DSK: 830.627.4493

• Thanks for asking. I actually found the answer in a Microsoft KB Article - 830210. It looks like you have to do some digging to get information on replication.

Anyway, once youve added the articles to a publication, you need to add the articles to each subscription you want them to be pushed to or pulled. The sproc for a push is sp_addsubscription (SP3) and for a pull it's sp_refreshsubscriptions.

After adding the subscriptions, run the snapshot agent for each publication that was changed, then the distribution agent for each subscription added.

It works!

MG

"There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies."
    Tony Hoare

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." Red Adair.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply