SP4 for Analysis Services

• Hi,

I've recently set up a new server W2003 SS2000 and installed SP4 as per instructions. Everything has been fine - touchwood! I've now started to do some work using Analysis Services through Analysis manager. I usually connect to the server from my desktop with Enterprise Manager and i can see that it is telling me i am on SP4. However my desktop copy of Analysis Manager says it is unpatched.

Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services

Microsoft Corporation

Version: 8.00.194

If i go on to the server via VNC viewer and use the Analysis manager it says it's running SP4.

Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services

Microsoft Corporation

Version: 8.00.203

I made, i hope, a logical assumption from the information available on here and other sources

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/shwmessage.aspx?forumid=5&messageid=215082

that local installs of EM, AM, MDAC etc should be patched as well. All well and good so i've run SP3a - as per the above post - and then SP4 on my Desktop. However AM still shows it's unpatched. Can anyone point me in the right direction please.

Thanks

K.

• Have you also downloaded the analysis service pack 4? It comes in a separate package.

see

SQL2000.AS-KB884525-SP4-x86-ENU.EXE (analysis service pack)

and

SQL2000-KB884525-SP4-x86-ENU.EXE (sql server service pack)

at

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=8E2DFC8D-C20E-4446-99A9-B7F0213F8BC5&displaylang=en

• Hi,

Yes i have done that, I ran SQL2000.AS-KB884525-SP4-x86-ENU.EXE on the server. Analysis manager on the server is showing that sp4 has been installed but analysis manager on my desktop says it's still unpatched and i've run SQL2000.AS-KB884525-SP4-x86-ENU.EXE on my desktop as well

Thanks

K

• Haven't used analysis yet. Have you rebooted the machine(s)?

• Have you tried to install AS SP4 on your personal PC? I believe this could be the problem

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply