SP2 Installation/Version error

• After we installed SP2 none of our (or our clients) reports would run.

We're getting the message:

"The version of the report server database is either in a format that is not

valid, or it cannot be read. The found version is 'C.0.6.54'. The expected

version is 'C.0.6.51'. To continue, update the version of the report server

database and verify access rights. (rsInvalidReportServerDatabase)"

We found information at this link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/RSerrors/htm/Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ErrorStrings.resources.Strings_rsInvalidReportServerDatabase.asp

It mentions using rs.exe to upgrade the database but the instructions

weren't listed, assuming that's what it does.

We've tried uninstalling and reinstalling SRS and dropping the databases and

going back to a standard, non-SP2 install and are still getting errors - but

with different

version numbers

The server is running W2K.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• I wish I could reply, but we're getting the same issue . Did you manage to resolve it?

• As I found out this is actually a security issue.

Ensure that the ASPNET account has been grated the RSExecRole to the following databases:

• master
    • model
    • ReportServer
    • ReportServerTempDB

If you have changed the name of your server I would recommend you remove the original SQL Server Login and create the new one with the correct database login name for the above mentioned databases.

Carl Nolan

• Has anyone had any luck fixing this....

I am getting the error as well on my test server. 

• I have been fighting with this exact same rsInvalidReportServerDatabase problem. Carl Nolan posted the answer that solved the problem for me and I believe it will solve most everyone elses, based on the previous post descriptions

If this solution does not solve your problem, try using the rsconfig command line utility to reconfigure your ReportServer configuration file.

peas out--

• Found my problem.... it was actually the database version.

I was trying to restore the production server to test area and the test server has sp2 but the production server had sp1 installed.

I would have thought that if I reran the SP2 install that it would upgrade the database but I guess not. Heck the SP2 re-install ran a without error, it just didn't update the database. 

I ended up removing Reporting Services from the dev server, reinstall with sp1, restoring the databases, updating my encryption keys, and then applying sp2.  

Life is now good in the land of reporting services

Mike

• Hello all-

I stumbled upon a very simply solution to this. After trying several fixes and having no luck, I noticed there was a stored procedure called GetDBVersion. It is just 1 line of SQL that returns a string with the version. I changed the string and all my RS problems went away.

Dan

• Dan,

that worked - THANK YOU!!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply