SP runs MUCH slower than same code in QA.

• The following is stored procedure that causing problems.

When I run the sp it takes about 2 minutes to execute but when I copy the same code into Query Analyzer it runs in about 1-3 seconds. Even when I go back and forth between the sp and the code it consistantly takes about the same time (2 minutes for the sp and 1-3 seconds for the code in query analyzer).

I have noticed that when running the stored procedure that there's locks being placed on the three tables being used but I haven't noticed any locking when running the code in query analyzer.

I've also tried placing the derived table into a temp table first, but it runs about the same.

Any suggestions?

SELECT

a.ChartId, a.Characteristic, b.LocationStat, b.EditDate

FROM

EZ_Chartindex a

INNER JOIN

EZ_Samplesummary b ON b.ChartId = a.ChartId

INNER JOIN

(SELECT x.Process, x.PartNumber, x.Characteristic, max(y.EditDate) as maxdate

FROM EZ_Chartindex x WITH (NOLOCK)

INNER JOIN EZ_SampleSummary y WITH (NOLOCK) ON y.ChartId = x.ChartId

LEFT OUTER JOIN EZ_Customfields z WITH (NOLOCK) ON z.ChartId = x.ChartId and z.SampleSequence = y.SampleSequence

AND z.CustomText = @Die

WHERE x.ProductLineId = 1 AND x.OperationID = 66

AND x.Process LIKE CASE WHEN x.ItemID = 1 THEN @ReqProcess ELSE '%' END

AND x.PartNumber LIKE CASE WHEN x.ItemID = 77 OR x.ItemID = 78 THEN @ReqProcess ELSE '%' END

AND y.EditDate < @WOTime

AND ISNULL(z.CustomText,'') LIKE CASE WHEN x.ItemID=1 AND LEN(REPLACE(x.Process,'Die','xx'))<LEN(x.Process)-1 THEN @Die ELSE '%' END

GROUP BY x.Process, x.Partnumber, x.Characteristic) d

ON d.Process = a.Process and d.maxdate = b.EditDate AND d.Characteristic = a.Characteristic

WHERE

a.OperationID = 66

AND a.ProductLineId = 1

AND LatestRevision = 1

AND StatusId = 1

AND a.Process LIKE CASE WHEN ItemID = 1 THEN @ReqProcess ELSE '%' END

AND a.PartNumber LIKE CASE WHEN ItemID = 77 OR ItemID = 78 THEN @ReqProcess ELSE '%' END

ORDER BY

a.Characteristic

• Try running sp_recompile 'procedure name' - sounds like maybe the query plan is bad.

Andy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply