Source is on a mapped drive.

• I apologize if this has been brought up, a quick search didn't show anything.

I am importing an excel document that sits on a shared drive. The dtsx also sits on that shared drive.

I originally had the drive mapped as Z:, so the source file was Z:\source.xls

Works fine when I run it, but if anyone else tries and they have it mapped to another letter, it will fail.

I then tried using the absolute path in the connection manager \\foo.bar.com\files\source.xls

This errored out.

Is there a soultion so no matter who runs the package, it will find the source files?

Thanks

• why did it error out using the full path? I have several packages that run using a full UNC name. That I beleive is your best bet. of course the person running the package or if it is run through the agent then the agent service account must have access to the UNC path.

Dan

If only I could snap my figures and have all the correct indexes apear and the buffer clean and.... Start day dream here.

• Ahh, you are right, was missing a character 🙂

My issue now is, other users running it can not connect to the Target SQL Server Database.

Are credentials stored in the package?

• We you setup the connection in the package if you specify widows autentication then know. The person using the package or again the Agent account if you are running this from a job have to have access to the database through there windows login.

Dan

If only I could snap my figures and have all the correct indexes apear and the buffer clean and.... Start day dream here.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply