Something very strange just happened

• In SSIS 2005, I have an Execute SQL task that updates a table on server A, using data from linked server B (I'm connecting to server A). This has been running for several weeks successfully. This morning, that table update gets different results every time it runs.

I've changed the task so that it connects to server B to update the table on server A, and now it works flawlessly again. Hopefully it will continue to work.

Has anyone ever seen something like this? If so, any ideas as to where and how to resolve?

Simone
  • Can you go into a bit more detail about what you mean by 'different'? Not that I'm expecting to be able to help - sounds most unusual.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• There are 271 rows in the table that should be updated. I copied the script to mgmt studio to see what was going on. Each time I ran it I got a differenct number of 'rows affected.' The lowest was 96 and the highest was 216.

The latest news is that the package fails to produce the end product, which is a comma delimited text file. The file is there, but it's empty.

Simone

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply