Snapshot Replication

• Hello Team,

I have configured Snapshot replication on test machine successfully. But it is not sychronising autoatically, I added few records on publisher's DB but its not reflecting in subscriber's db which is replicated.

I checked the Synchronization status but the status is "No replicated transactions are available." Synchronizastion in progress...

I than select the option "Reinitialise" from publication and select User new snapshot and it works. But can we make this process automatic ? I think replication must be automatic.

Anyone can help to make this synch automated ..?

Thanks,

Jeet

• If you want the subscriber to reflect change immediately, you want Transactional Replication, not Snapshot Replication.

Transactional Replication Overview

There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community.
    --Plato

• i got this from the following link.

Snapshot replication distributes data exactly as it appears at a specific moment in time and does not monitor for updates to the data. When synchronization occurs, the entire snapshot is generated and sent to Subscribers....

Using snapshot replication by itself is most appropriate when one or more of the following is true:

Data changes infrequently.

It is acceptable to have copies of data that are out of date with respect to the Publisher for a period of time.

Replicating small volumes of data.

A large volume of changes occurs over a short period of time.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms151832.aspx

looks like you want real time replication in which case as opc.three said you want transactional replication

For faster help in answering any problems Please read How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help - Jeff Moden[/url] for the best way to ask your question.

For performance Issues see how we like them posted here: How to Post Performance Problems - Gail Shaw[/url]

Need to Split some strings? Jeff Moden's DelimitedSplit8K[/url]
    Jeff Moden's Cross tab and Pivots Part 1[/url]
    Jeff Moden's Cross tab and Pivots Part 2[/url]

• Ok, cool. Lemme go with Transactional Replication. but how long it takes to synch in Snapshot replication ?

• With Snapshot replication snapshots get taken at whatever interval has been setup, look at the SQL Agent job to find this. I'd personally only use this when you have a slow network connection and large amounts data that doesn't change often, i'm actually trying to think of a time when i've implemented this hmmm...

• jitendra.padhiyar (3/27/2012)

Ok, cool. Lemme go with Transactional Replication. but how long it takes to synch in Snapshot replication ?

When you configure transactional replication, set the log reader and distribution agent jobs to run continously.

This would meet your requirement.

M&M

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply