Snapshot error - help needed

• All of the snapshot agents on one server have stopped, reporting the unnumbered error "could not get license information correctly". As far as I know, no changes have been made to the server, and I'm unable to restart them. Does anyone have a suggestion to resolve this?

Many thanks,

Steve Armistead,

Database Administration

Panther Systems Northwest, Inc.

Vancouver, WA

Steve

• Is this snapshot replication?

try re initialising the subscription.

• No, it's the snapshot agents in a transactional replication setup. The other agents appear to be operating okay. I think this is a problem with the clustered server failing over and the agents not being able to find licensing info on the failed-over box. All doc I've found online indicate this to be a SQL 7 error, though, and we're running SQL2K.

Thanks,

Steve Armistead,

Database Administration

Panther Systems Northwest, Inc.

Vancouver, WA

Steve

• Try using snapshot.exe, you can read for the parameters in BOL. I used them always because they show more info an errors.

Are you running the snapshot agent because you need to sincronize subscribers, or it is just schedulle?

• Having similar problem with our publisher, same error message. Using transactional replication with SQL in a cluster. Has anyone had any progress with this.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply