Snapshot, DROP table, and subscriber triggers

• Our subscribers of transactional and merge replications will sometimes have triggers which do not exist on the publisher. For example, a trigger on the subscriber clears the credit card number once it has been successfully brought into the middle tier (we're using merge replication for this, but I'm playing with updatable transactional rep). I would like to be able to use the DROP TABLE option for the snapshot but I don't want to lose these triggers. Do you know if there is a way that I can use that option and maintain the triggers.

Also, if the use referential integrity option is on and all tables in the RI are included in the publication, I'm guessing that it has no problem with the table drops (i.e., there are no RI problems).

We currently have the delete all data in the table option on, and that's been fine. However, the DROP TABLE option would be great to keep schema changes accurate. But, again, this can be a problem because the triggers would be dropped at the subscriber.

Any thoughts?

• BTW, am I correct in my thinking that the triggers will be dropped?

• script the triggers out an use it in the post snapshot script!

hth

* Noel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply