Snapshot agent wont run

• I am trying to set up transactional pull replication. I successfully set it up between a development server and business intelligence server. When I tried setting up the replication between the production server and the B.I. server, with the same configurations as between development and B.I., the snapshot agent won't run and initialize the subscription. There are no error messages and when I try to run the task manually it seems to run for a few seconds then stops and the status show as never having run. I had an issue with the production server in that after I had installed SQL Server 2005 our network group renamed the box to fit their new naming standards. The db has worked fine but when I first tried to set up replication I found I had to run sp_dropserver and sp_addserver to get the wizard to even run. I don't know if this is related to that naming issue. I am hoping there is a solution other than uninstalling SQL Server 2005, reinstalling and restoring the data.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• I would suspect the renaming to be the culprit here.  Google on how to fix SQL Server after a host rename... I am surprised it worked all after the rename; but I haven't done this with 2005, only 2000.  Perhaps they fixed some of the problem; but not the part related to snapshots?

please post your fix here.

Thank-you,
    David Russell
    Any Cloud, Any Database, Oracle since 1982

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply