Slow logging in using SQL authentication

• Hi,

My end users are reporting that in recent days the process of logging into applications using SQL authentication has slowed down considerably.

I have run sql profiler and checked the event viewer and everything appears to be running normally. Logging in via query analyser looks to be just as quick as normal.

Not sure where to continue looking. We have tried a full server reboot (supersticious behaviour, but it sometimes works) to no avail.

Any help more than welcome.

• Hi,

I don't think security will cause any performance hit on the sql server. Is ther anything on SQL logs. Can you give us more insight into as whats happening against your sql server for ex..jobs, any bulk loading etc..

• It all depends on what the full end to end process of connecting to the application is. They may be going through web servers, app servers as well, the holdup could be there. A bunch of code could be executed to download initial screens when they first connect.

Use profiler and try and trap the activity of a single user as they log on, see if that shows up anything.

Any blocking?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

• There doesn't look to be much going on on the server, no bulk loading, there are a load of Login succeeded messages but that is about it

• The login process is straight from the client to the database, nothing in the middle(no application server)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply