Show MVP Status on forum posts

• WILLIAM MITCHELL (4/10/2009)

Examples of good advice:

The reply indicates that the poster fully understands your question.

If the poster does not fully understand your question, they ask for clarification or relevant details.

The reply specifically addresses your question.

The reply either helps you to solve your problem, or gets you going in the right direction.

Most of the other replies generally agree with the posted solution.

The only part of this post I disagree with is the last statement (ironically). The right answer isn't always the popular answer and the popular answer isn't always right.

My blog: SQL Soldier[/url]
    SQL Server Best Practices:
    SQL Server Best Practices
    Twitter: @SQLSoldier
    My book: Pro SQL Server 2008 Mirroring[/url]
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, Data Platform MVP
    Database Engineer at BlueMountain Capital Management[/url]

• Steve Jones - Editor (4/10/2009)

I wouldn't care except that I can't get a "list" of MVP names from MS. Despite the fact there's a crappy web listing of MVPs, I can't get that list in a file I can use to award/remove badges.

What about adding a profile entry to allow an MVP to link to their MVP profile. If a valid link is entered, then you can display the MVP badge as a link to their MVP profile.

My blog: SQL Soldier[/url]
    SQL Server Best Practices:
    SQL Server Best Practices
    Twitter: @SQLSoldier
    My book: Pro SQL Server 2008 Mirroring[/url]
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, Data Platform MVP
    Database Engineer at BlueMountain Capital Management[/url]

• Robert, you make a very good point. Sometimes only one reply really connects with the OP.

• Robert Davis (4/10/2009)

What about adding a profile entry to allow an MVP to link to their MVP profile. If a valid link is entered, then you can display the MVP badge as a link to their MVP profile.

perhaps. we'd want to be sure it was from the MS site and they love to move urls. gail's idea of haviing them mail me makes sense

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply