Sharepoint virgin needs helping hand

• Ninja's_RGR'us (7/6/2011)

Report looks nice in the web version (not html export, just viewing the report).

Then exporting to excel there's 1 gazillion cells merges, colors changent, etc.

Takes 1 hour just to unmerge the cells and reformat to be able to use the report.

Sadly, I'm not far enough along to be able to answer that question. I know you can host Excel natively in Sharepoint or run it through the browser, but once you throw in SSRS I'm not sure of the interactions any more. It might be worthwhile to set up an Excel template and recreate the report there.

--------------------------------------
    When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.
    --------------------------------------
    It’s unpleasantly like being drunk.
    What’s so unpleasant about being drunk?
    You ask a glass of water. -- Douglas Adams

• Stefan Krzywicki (7/6/2011)

Ninja's_RGR'us (7/6/2011)

Report looks nice in the web version (not html export, just viewing the report).

Then exporting to excel there's 1 gazillion cells merges, colors changent, etc.

Takes 1 hour just to unmerge the cells and reformat to be able to use the report.

Sadly, I'm not far enough along to be able to answer that question. I know you can host Excel natively in Sharepoint or run it through the browser, but once you throw in SSRS I'm not sure of the interactions any more. It might be worthwhile to set up an Excel template and recreate the report there.

That's more what I had in mind. I've yet to find someone who can confirm this is a good idea.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply