Shared dataset + parameters from actual report not working

• Hi,

I have SSRS 10 reports that use shared dataset. I have added this shared dataset to the report and have report parameters. When I run report in Vs (preview), I get complete data but not report set parameters. For example, have total 600 rows. When I run report, I get all 600 rows instead of getting 4 rows which should be filtered for date range and status chosen when I run the report in preview mode.

How can I trouble shoot it. When I right click on dataset , query option is disabled. So, can't make sure if parameter values are getting set in shared dataset.

Thank You,

• If you load up extended events or profiler, you can see what is being run against the database.

My guess (without seeing anything) is that your shared dataset doesn't have the parameters mapped up OR your shared dataset is missing the WHERE clause that would filter the data.  That is if you are filtering the data prior to getting it and not filtering the data in the report layer.

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

• Thank you Brian. I will take a look at it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply