Shared Data Source Credentials Being Prompted In Report Builder 2.0

• Hello,

I've set up a number of shared data sources for our report builder users to utilize. I've specified the following for each data source connection:

• The Server name
    • Set 'Log on to the server' to 'User SQL Server Authentication'
    • Provided the credentials
    • Selected 'Save my password'
    • Specified the appropriate database

I tested each connection successfully and deployed the data source connections to the report server. However, when I select the shared data source from Report Builder 2.0 I'm being prompted for the credentials once again. How would I go about getting the prompt to not appear if the credentials are already stored for the data source connection as I don't want to provide the database credentials to our report developers.

Thank you very much.

• I've noticed this behavior too; as far as I know there isn't a workaround. In my situation I decided to just create a separate db_datareader only login for the reports to run under that the report writers could know the credentials to.

And, really, report writers have the ability to write queries in report builder 2 anyway; so if they have the credentials to a read-only sql server login, could they really do any more damage than they are already going to be allowed to do?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply