setup replication for near real time reporting

• I am thinking about using transnational replication on a handful of tables for real time external 3rd party feeds, reporting and various stats screens.

Current setup consists of mirroring (synchronous std edition) for HA and 15min Log shipping for offsite DR.

Does anyone know of any potential issues in adding replication into the mix? I’ve tested it and it all seems good. Thought I’d check with the community if any potential pitfalls or issues someone might have come across with this setup.

• This topic was modified 5 years ago by  bugg.
  • Hopefully the font isn't as small on the posted reply as it is when I type this...new software. I'm timing out everywhere and tried to post that issue but it timed out 🙂

You'd want to make sure you are current on patches - see this for some enhancements added:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/sql_server_team/replication-enhancement-distribution-database-in-availability-group/

Sue

• Thanks for that article! That was one of my concerns if we fail over for patching or DR then replication will have to be re-setup. It looks like with this update that is not the case! 🙂 . Currently using standard mirroring so will have to move to BAGs hope this works with Standard edition will give it a test.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply