Setting up a DB for near real time reporting (copy of OLTP DB)

• I have a requirement to set up a database for reporting purposes that is a copy of the OLTP database and is updated near real time. My first thought was transactional replication and am setting up a publication. I am receiving an error because there is the same table name in multiple schemas. I am unable to find a setting in the articles property for this. How do we get this to work?

Once this is set up, is there a way to 'pause' or 'disable' the replication when performing maintenance (such as patches?)/

Also, is database mirroring a possible option?

Thanks in advance

• How about snapshot replication instead? That captures a point-in-time of the data, and you can easily suspend that whenever you need to.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• I have seen that a few people have implemented mirroring for this. I have used logshipping or transactional replication to accomplish this.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply