Setting Object Permission - DRI

• HI. I noticed that if I DO NOT have the object permission DRI set on a table, when the vb app checks security on that table for that user, it shows that the DRI permission is set(granted). I've checked all the different groups, roles that this particular user could be in and no where is the DRI set on this particular table. I even checked the PUBLIC role and it is not set there either. When I actually put a DENY on that DRI permission, the security in the VB app returned that a denied was applied. when i actually did a GRANT on the DRI on that table, the security returned that it had been granted. When i removed the grant on the DRI, it STILL appears as if it has been granted. Actually I've noticed this with other objects,that when there is no explicit GRANT OR DENY... it appears that the object has permissions. can anyone explain this or explain what i'm doing wrong?

Thank you!

• Interesting. Could you post the code you're using so I can follow along?

Andy

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/awarren/

• Andy, excuse my lack of knowledge on this one. I just saw that I had the group whose security i was checking under the role of DB-DDLADMIN, DB-DATAREADER, AND DB-DATAWRITER.

Once i removed this, then all the permission checking came back correct. I guess it's another one of those NEW KID ON THE BLOCK things!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply