SET PROCESS AFFINITY

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item SET PROCESS AFFINITY

• Nice, easy question to end the week on, thanks Steve

• I gave the "correct" answer, but I think it is not correct. AUTO is not an option as far as I see, it is a value that you can use for the option CPU.

• +1
    According to MSDN, AUTO is an option for value of a featured syntax elements... πŸ˜‰
    Thanks Steve for this question.

• Mighty - Friday, March 3, 2017 4:32 AM

I gave the "correct" answer, but I think it is not correct. AUTO is not an option as far as I see, it is a value that you can use for the option CPU.

= AUTO  πŸ˜‰

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

• Henrico Bekker - Friday, March 3, 2017 6:54 AM

Mighty - Friday, March 3, 2017 4:32 AM

I gave the "correct" answer, but I think it is not correct. AUTO is not an option as far as I see, it is a value that you can use for the option CPU.

= AUTO  πŸ˜‰

:Whistling:

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Although I got this right, I got it only by choosing the least wrong option.  The "right" answer is horribly wrong.

If AUTO is an option, CPU isn't - the alternative to AUTO is a CPU-RANGE-SPEC not AUTO.  AUTO and CPU-RANGE-SPEC are the two options for the CPU setting.
    The NUMA option at the same level as AUTO is a NUMA-NODE-RANGE-SPAC, not NUMANODE, which is at the same level as CPU.
    So if we want to say what are the three options rhan can be chosen at the end of the day we end up with AUTO, a CPU-RANGE-SPEC, and a NUMA-NODE-RANGE-SPEC as the three options and that's what the "right" answer should have said.

Of course one has the option of choosing either a CPU option or a NUMANODE option, so it would be correct (although rather pointless because it doesn't go far enough into our options) to say that we can specify either the CPU option or the NUMANODE option.  but even that rather useless answer would have been closer to right than any of the options offered.

Tom

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply