Service Service Accounts

• Thank you Keon.

ww; Raghu
    --
    The first and the hardest SQL statement I have wrote- "select * from customers" - and I was happy and felt smart.

• Raghavendra Mudugal (2/24/2012)

Thank you Keon.

No problem Madagul. 😉

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Kameswari Aravindh (2/23/2012)

The Option specified is wrong it is not Sys.dm_service_services but it is Sys.dm_server_services.....

+1

good question!!!

thanks!!

[font="Times New Roman"]rfr.ferrari[/font]
    DBA - SQL Server 2008
    MCITP | MCTS

remember is live or suffer twice!
    the period you fastest growing is the most difficult period of your life!
  • Sorry for this off-topic question.

I just installed SP1 on the vmbox running SQL 2008 R2 and can see these objects accessible.

Just wanted to know, now I see that SP2 is available. So can I upgrade the existing to SP2 or is recommended that I keep SP1 and clone the existing vm and install SP2 on that? (so I will be having SP1 and SP2 both running on different OSs)

Please advice.

ww; Raghu
    --
    The first and the hardest SQL statement I have wrote- "select * from customers" - and I was happy and felt smart.

• Raghavendra Mudugal (2/24/2012)

Sorry for this off-topic question.

I just installed SP1 on the vmbox running SQL 2008 R2 and can see these objects accessible.

Just wanted to know, now I see that SP2 is available. So can I upgrade the existing to SP2 or is recommended that I keep SP1 and clone the existing vm and install SP2 on that? (so I will be having SP1 and SP2 both running on different OSs)

Please advice.

There is no SP2 for 2008 R2 yet.

SP2 is only released for the original 2008

• thank you Antony. (yes, R2 is different, 2008 and 2008 R2 needs to be treated as two different things)

ww; Raghu
    --

• Erm....the answer options were incorrect. only 1 option was correct.

select * from sys.dm_service_services --<-- As in the question, this doesnt exist

select * from sys.dm_server_services --<-- As in the explanation, this does.

There is a difference between Service and Server.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

• 'Tis a sad fate that I got the question wrong on a Friday. 🙁 But, I did learn something today and...it's Friday :w00t: so I'll take knowledge over my missed point any day.

Almost forgot to mention, great question Steve!

Everything is awesome!

• Good question, other than the typo.

Thanks!

• Henrico Bekker (2/24/2012)

Erm....the answer options were incorrect. only 1 option was correct.

select * from sys.dm_service_services --<-- As in the question, this doesnt exist

select * from sys.dm_server_services --<-- As in the explanation, this does.

There is a difference between Service and Server.

Thanks, that explains why it wasn't working on my SQL 2008 R2 SP1 instancce.

• no worries - other than the type... tks for question & TGIF!!!

• Kameswari Aravindh (2/23/2012)

The Option specified is wrong it is not Sys.dm_service_services but it is Sys.dm_server_services.

I got my question wrong because of this.

:w00t:

+1

• Got it wrong, but learned something today. Thanks for the question.

http://brittcluff.blogspot.com/

• Oh dear, one of those times where one has to guess which is the typo: was "select 2" a typo for "select 1" or was "sys.dm_service_services" a typo for "sys.dm_server_services".

I thought 2 for 1 was an unlikely typo. But others have the other choice, and ought to get their points awarded.

Tom

• Not a bad question .. !

Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply